Sunday, August 24, 2008

The last 2 1/2 weeks...

have been filled with a bit of worry about our little one. He developed a lump on the side of his neck. We took him in asap to receive the diagnosis of a Upper Respiratory Infection and the lump was explained as a swollen gland. Immediate relief washed over us and we started him on the antibiotic, which would be taken for ten days. Ten days came and went and the golf ball size lump was still there and looked worse. I have to admit, this is where panic set in for me. Marc gave him a blessing and I knew I had to do my part and have faith. Dr. Weiner needed to see him back before his next exam. He confirmed it was larger and said now its time to run blood tests and ultrasound. I nearly cried. We took Aidan down stairs to Quest and Marc and 2 other technicians held Aidan still while they drew blood. Ethan, could barely stand this! He was SO upset hearing his bubba cry. Our prayer was for it to show infection and that all he would need was a new/more antibiotic. My cell phone rang Friday AM, it was the doctor calling to report that it was VERY indicative of a bacterial infection, and he needed a new kind of medicine. Cephalexin 250/5ml 4x a day. No exceptions, he said, we have to be aggressive! HALLELUJAH! He has been on his new medicine for 2 days. Swelling has gone down a bit. If all is looking good by Wednesday then he will not have to have the ultrasound:) Thank you family and friends for your prayers!
This was taken tonight at Grandpa and Grandma Springall's house. The lump has turned red and is warm to the touch. It's weird he feels feverish only on the left side.
Aidan is helping Grandpa with his Seminary lesson.
Aidan is making sure our car alarms work:) And helping Uncle Brent finish his awesome burger that his Daddy made!
This angle really shows how much the swelling went down. I tried to take a picture of his lump a week ago but he would not hold still;)

6 comments:

Mikki said...

I'm so glad the swelling is going down. I'll be praying for him that it continues to go away.

Nicole said...

Poor little Aidan, I have been worried about the little guy. I can't believe how swollen it is, I'm glad it starting to go down.

brightonislove said...

Holy cow! When you said a lump you meant a lump. I hope the swelling keeps going down! I'll definitely be adding him to my prayers! Keep me updated!

Nicole said...

oh my goodness, i'm SO glad everything is okay and the swelling has gone down!!!

The Foulgers said...

Wow, I can't believe it got that big! I'm glad that your prayers were answered and everything seems to be getting better!

Kristi said...

Wow Erin I am so glad everything is ok with your little one, how scary. Don't you just love the power of prayer, it is such a great comfort.